When it comes to family time, Tacos are the most comfort food, especially the Original – all American favorite Fried Ground Beef Tacos.
The absolute family taco time super soft taco ground beef has the easiest homemade taco seasoning, that is ready in less than 30 minutes. The most flavorful, juiciest, and healthiest tacos!
Table of Contents
Why make this Fried Ground Beef Tacos recipe?
- Easy and ready in minutes – Whenever your family or friends are coming over without leting you know on time, it’s a perfect last minute recipe that it’s ready in 20 minutes.
- Homemade healthiest seasoning – I always prefer doing everything from scratch, even the seasonings. The only time you really know what is in the seasoning, if you are doing it from your kitchen. You control the food 100% and you can make it for your taste.
- Perfect for Gatherings – For birthdays, parties, family reunions is always a good match to cook taco. You can feed a lot of people without cooking the whole day.
How to make Fried Ground Beef Tacos recipe
Heat a large skillet with ⅔ cup of water. Add the 1 lb ground beef into the skillet. Break the beef up with your spoon while cooking. Cook the ground beef fully, until no longer pink and most of the water evaporates.
The water will make the ground beef taco juicier and so much healthier. The boiling process helps separate fat from the meat, and it comes out quite lean.
Add the 1/2 cup tomato sauce, all the seasoning, and the ⅓ cup oil. Stir together.
Bouillon Cube is recommended IF needs more salt. If the ground beef is salty enough for your taste DO NOT add the bouillon cube to prevent the over salty taste. Both, the Beef and Chicken bouillon cube is good.
Allow simmering for 10 minutes.
How much ground beef per person for tacos?
Let’s do some math. Men usually eat 3 tacos and women seem to usually eat 2 tacos. So 1 pound of raw ground meat will make about 9 tacos. 1 lb of meat is about for 3-4 people. This will yield about 2 tablespoons of meat per taco. So the response is approximately 1/3 lb raw ground beef is enough per person.
Are homemade taco meat healthy?
Depending on the ingredients you use. If you make them with healthy ingredients, tacos can provide a good balance of nutrients.
What can I serve as a side?
Fried Ground Beef Tacos Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef 85% lean
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅔ tsp ground cumin
- 1 Season Goya with cilantro and achiote
- 1 Bouillon Cube, optional
- ⅓ cup oil
- Heat a large skillet with ⅔ cup of water. Add the 1 lb ground beef into the skillet. Break the beef up with your spoon while cooking. Cook the ground beef fully, until no longer pink and most of the water evaporates.
- Add the 1/2 cup tomato sauce, all the seasoning, and the ⅓ cup oil. Stir together.
- Allow simmering for 10 minutes.