This is the food that I could eat every day, literally. Taco is my favorite comfort food and the good news is that you can make it healthy and at the same time delicious. My version of the Jack in the Box Taco Recipe is “that” taco that I make whenever I feel like it.
Quick and healthy, rich in flavor and is the perfect food to make for a last-minute party or gathering.
My husband is not really a fan of tacos, but last time when I made my Jack in the Box Taco recipe, he said, “This is good! it tastes exactly like the real Mexican Tacos.” This was a huge compliment because who knows my husband, knows, he’s not into tacos.
Table of Contents
- 1 Short History of the Original Tacos
- 2 How to Make Jack in the Box Taco Recipe
- 3 F.A.Q
- 4 Jack in The Box Taco Recipe
Short History of the Original Tacos
“Some historians say the Spanish introduced tacos to Mexico, but anthropologists say there is evidence of people in Mexico eating tacos filled with small fish, locusts, and snails before the 16th century. Authentic, traditional tacos are almost always served in soft tortillas.
The hard shell taco Americans know today was invented in 1949, and helped the Americanized version of the taco spread across North America. The first taco truck is thought to have been started by two New York housewives. It did not have a full kitchen but was available for catering their tacos.” from UW Navigation.
How to Make Jack in the Box Taco Recipe
First, make the Fried Ground Beef Tacos Recipe. This is my homemade Taco meat recipe, the juiciest, the richest in flavor, and the healthiest. When you finished it, come back to this page and continue the procedure.
Chop the ½ lettuce, 1 tomato, cilantro and mix them together. Shred 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese.
Heat up a large straight-sided pan. Brush from the mixture for both sides of the soft taco and place them in the pan, and cook just long enough to let it crisp up a bit. The mixture:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt Seasoning ( Maggy, Knorr or Adobo or any alternatives)
- 1 tbsp rosemary
Add a spoonful of the beef mixture, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, a pinch of the shredded mozzarella cheese. For last, add fresh lime juice and your favorite taco sauce.
You can also make this Jack in the Box taco recipe customized for your taste. You can add avocado, onions, garlic, sour cream, or anything you like.
Is mozzarella good on tacos?
Mozzarella Cheese makes the best taco shells as it isn’t an oily cheese like cheddar, it makes the shells thicker, sturdy, and crispy. Authentic Mexican tacos only use Mexican white cheeses. Also for a melty cheese, cheddar or Monterey Jack are best. It all depends on what you’re looking for.
What are traditional taco fillings?
The most basic toppings you’ll find are lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, and meat.
With what should I serve with the Jack in the Box recipe?
Jack in The Box Taco Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Beef Tacos
- ½ Lettuce chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- ⅓ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- Red Mild Taco Sauce
- 12 soft tacos
Mixture for the soft tacos
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp Salt Seasoning Knorr, Maggi or Adobo
- 1 tbsp rosemary chopped
- First, make the 1 lb Ground Beef Taco recipe
- Chop the ½ lettuce, 1 tomato, cilantro and mix them together.
- Shred 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat up a large straight-sided pan.
- Brush from the mixture for both sides of the soft taco and place them in the pan, and cook just long enough to let it crisp up a bit.
- Add a spoonful of the beef mixture, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, a pinch of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- For last, add your favorite taco sauce.
- You can make this “Jack in the Box” taco customized for your taste. You can add avocado, onions, garlic, sour cream, or anything you like.