Would you like to prepare the best Popeyes Mashed Potatoes that you enjoy at your favorite fast-food, but have no idea where to start to achieve that wonderful and delightful flavor?
There are no words to describe how delicious this copycat Popeyes Mashed Potatoe is! I made it exactly according to the recipe and it came out fantastic. No need to buy mashed potatoes from Popeyes, I can do it myself.Feautered Comment: Laura
There are a variety of ways to create the best-mashed potatoes that you have ever tasted, but when it comes down to which way is best, is always according to your own taste buds.
Let’s make this creamy and delicious Popeyes Mashed Potatoes.
You can see, that one of the basic ingredients for this mashed potato is garlic.
When you take a look at garlic, you will see, that there are various kinds of garlic that you can use for your mashed potatoes such as German red garlic, Spanish Roja garlic, Leningrad garlic, and Yugoslavian. You can find all of this garlic in powder form or use fresh garlic. So, the first thing you need to do is decide which garlic you would like to use. Personally, I like using fresh minced garlic cloves.
Table of Contents
How to make the Popeyes Mashed Potatoes
- First, we need enough potatoes to feed everybody. The rule of thumb is one medium potato per person. But, my family loves potatoes, so I have to use 2 potatoes per person. Cut all the potatoes into 3-inch pieces.
- Peel the garlic cloves and cut them in half and put them in the same pan as the potatoes.
Fill a medium-sized pan with water and boil all the potatoes and garlic. Add salt on the top. Cover the pan with a lid.
Usually, you would have to leave the potatoes for around 15-20 minutes, but before taking them off the heat, make sure that they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- When is tender drain the potatoes and pour them into a mixing bowl. Add salt and margarine and blend with your electric mixer until they combined well. Now, add a bit of milk, cream, the olive oil and beat again until smooth. Add more milk until you achieve your desired consistency.
NOTE: You can add just milk if you don’t have cream or vice versa. In my opinion, it’s not much of a difference. And, if you ask me, I prefer it with milk. The reason is, that I like mashed potatoes soft and smooth. With milk is done perfectly how I like it. Olive oil or vegetable oil also goes with it all the time.
- Finally, add some gravy if you wish.
Delicious Main Dish Ideas with the Mashed Potatoes
- Heavenly Chicken Recipe (literally, heavenly)
- Braised Chicken Thighs (the juiciest chicken thighs ever)
- Strawberry and Fig Preserve Glaze (simple yet super delicious turkey recipe)
- Smoked Picanha (the most tender beef with a smoky flavor)
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders (coated in a little hot sauce. Perfect main dish or appetizer)
Popeyes Mashed Potatoes
- 6 large potatoes
- 6 gloves garlic
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ tbsp white pepper
- Cut all the potatoes into 3-inch pieces. Peel the garlic cloves and cut them in half.
- Fill a medium-sized pan with water and boil all the potatoes. Add salt on the top. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Usually, you would have to leave the potatoes for around 15-20 minutes, but before taking them off the heat, make sure that they can be easily pierced with a fork
- Drain all the water off from the potatoes.
- In the same pan, you can mash the potatoes (and also garlic) with a wooden masher. After that, add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the liquid ingredients – the heavy cream, milk, and olive oil. Add more salt if it's necessary.
- Then whip everything with a whisk for around 5 minutes or until is mixed everything evenly.
- Finally, you can serve it with gravy if you wish. Enjoy!
When we talk about Popeyes in general, what other delicacy comes to your mind? Hmmm…CHICKEN. So, I got some good chicken recipes for you, that you can enjoy with our Popeyes Mashed Potatoes.
More Delicious Potato Recipes
- Moroccon Roat Potatoes (easiest recipe)