Juan Pollo Chicken Recipe is the Mexican Juan Pollo Restaurant’s famous rotisserie chicken. Making a rotisserie chicken might be the easiest, but with Juan Pollo’s secret ingredients you can get the best-served chicken on your table.
This chicken is one of the main reasons why people return to the restaurant. They have many signature side dishes, like the Juan Pollo Potato Salad, which is creamy, moist, and delicious. It’s a perfect side dish with chicken.
Here’s what you need:
- one whole chicken
- fresh half-cup pineapple juice
- lime juice or lemon juice by chose
- one cup of white vinegar
- and the “secret ingredients“: one tablespoon of salt, white pepper powder, ground black pepper, oregano, garlic, paprika, and mild chili peppers.
- two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Let’s make the Juan Pollo Chicken recipe:
- Pour all the wet ingredients together – pineapple juice, lime juice, and white vinegar -, then add all the dry ingredients into the liquid mix. Salt, black pepper, white pepper powder, oregano, garlic powder, paprika powder, mild chili powder
- After cleaning and washing the chicken, dense the whole chicken into the prepared marinade and keep them in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours to soak all the ingredients in. You can leave it overnight if you can. More is better.
- Put in the oven for 1 hour, at 400°. Make sure you put aluminum foil on the top so it won’t burn the skin right away, and it cooks the chicken very well inside and out. For the last 30 minutes take off the aluminum foil, so it will give a nice golden brown color on the outside. Leave it on 350°. For the best result choose the cooking mode at Convection Roast.
This copycat recipe is perfect for your dinner table if you love Mexican-style rotisserie chicken. It’s perfect for your parties, your special occasions, and so many different events. This is one of the foods that everybody will want and would love to eat.
More delicious chicken recipes
Juan Pollo Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole Chicken
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp mild chili peppers flakes, or cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pour the pineapple juice, lime juice, and white vinegar together in a medium size bowl.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the liquid mix. Salt, black pepper, white pepper powder, oregano, garlic powder, paprika powder, mild chili powder (or cayenne pepper).
- After washing and cleaning the whole chicken dry it with bounty paper as well as you can. Dense the whole chicken into the prepared marinade and keep them in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours. But if you can leave it in the fridge overnight is better.
- Put in the oven for 1 hour, at 400°. Make sure you put aluminum foil on the top so it won't burn the skin right away, and it cooks the chicken very well inside and out. For the last 30 minutes take off the aluminum foil, so it will give a nice golden brown color on the outside. Leave it on 350°. For the best result choose the cooking mode at Convection Roast.
Are you cooking it at 400 for 1 hour then 350 for 30 min? The way it’s worded is confusing
Yes. The total cooking time is on the recipe card, which is 1 1/2 hours. 1 hour for 400F + 30 minutes for 350F. Thanks for reaching out.
Journa Liz Ramirez
It was so easy finding the “secret ingredients”! It turned out so tender and tasty. My family loved it. I’ll definitely make this on repeat.
A perfectly delicious roast chicken dinner that I will be making for my family, again. Everyone gobbled up this moist and tender chicken. Thanks for sharing it!
I was looking for a different chicken recipe and this one was it! I loved it! Thanks for sharing
What a wonderful mix of flavors – I just love this! Thank you so much for the recipe.
Looove this! The pineapple juice was amazing and the chicken was tender and juicy inside and crisp on the outside. Perfect!
This chicken recipe is really easy to follow and the end result is really tasty! I was really pleased with how juicy and flavorful the chicken turned out. This is definitely a recipe that I will be making again.
I love that the chicken was so tender! Will surely make this again!
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe! Will surely have this again! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!
This was such a tender chicken, it was so good to be able to serve chicken in a different way!
I love the acidity and sweetness balancing the spiciness in this yummy chicken. It’s tender and juicy. And it was easy to make. Thanks so much for the recipe!